Wednesday, January 08, 2014

While they live Wednesday

You ever notice when someone passes away, they become legendary?  You'll see tweets and facebook posts on how they were a hero, or a favorite.  If you had asked the person a week before, would they have mention the recently departed?

The point is, I want to call out some folks before they pass.   While I doubt they'd ever come across my blog, but that's not the point.   Some other folks have called it "While they live Wednesday," sounds good to me.

For my first installment, I'd like to call out Alan Young.  When I was young and we first got basic cable, Nick at Nite had Mister Ed, and it was awesome.  Being the star of that would have been enough to get Mr. Young on my list of favorite actors, but he is also the voice of Scrooge McDuck. According to imdb, he's 94 years old and still with us.  So, today, I salute Alan Young!

No comments: