Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Remiss in my purpose

About a year ago, I had started back to collecting comics and had intended to review them here. The trouble was that everything I bought satisfied me and it was difficult to think of different ways to write "This was a good read" or "A+++++ Will read again." It was tedious, so I let it slide.

Today is Comic Book Day once again. I haven't picked up my stash, but here's some insight. I only read two Marvel titles (Wolverine Origins and Moon Knight), so the whole Civil War, Death of Captain America business hasn't had much of an effect on me. DC is getting ready to wrap up their 52 weekly comic and start a new weekly series called Countdown. I'll pick it up, most likely. The 2 best comics that I'm picking up now, if I had to choose, would be The Lone Ranger (from Dynamite Entertainment) and The Spirit (from DC). The Lone Ranger is currently retelling the origin (it's up to issue 5, I think) and is doing a good job of it. The Spirit is a revival of the classic Will Eisner Series.

And, (this doesn't happen much, so take note) I do have a negative review. Batman 663 was awful. It was written in prose with back ground drawing, instead of the traditional comic format. The story didn't hold my interest. I'm not sure if it was the story itself, or just the format, but I didn't care for it.

1 comment:

Tiny said...

Welcome back to semi-regular posting....now get your wife to do it too. lol

Very nice, easy on the eyes, and easy to read template now. Works for me.