Monday, May 22, 2006

Boss Says No Dice Son, You Gotta Work Late

I'm a few weeks away from the Summertime Blues (da da da dat, da da da dant) but I am working late. When you do stuff in IT, it just goes better with no users on the system.

Friday, we finished installing the door, as previously described. It was in, but it was tight and not exactly right. We got it more close to level and plumb and now it's much better. Then they delivered the new bed. It's tall. The a short visit to the folks, then the Craftsman Truck Series race.

I worked hard Saturday. I ran the weedeater until I was sore. We made a trip to town. Unfortunately the patio furniture Juanita wanted from Big Lots was gone. Here today, gone tomorrow, they say. Then it was off to WalMart, Around the Farm (where it was too crowded, so we left), Bro. Marsh's BBQ for a taste test, Sears, and 84 Lumber. Still patio furniture, but some other odds and ends were picked up. After that, it was time for the Nextel Open/Challenge. Juanita thought Rowdy Shrub's intro was cool, but I thought it was dorky. The rest was what it was.

Sunday was a day of rest. I caught up on a few things on the DVR. I watched parts of the Champ Car Race, Indy qualifying, and the Sports Car race at Mid Ohio. Then I caught the ARCA race from Toledo. It was pretty good. Then I finished reading Identity Crisis as recommended by Dan. It was a good read. Thanks, Dan!

No comments: