Sunday, April 30, 2006

Saturday Night under the lights

Last night, we went out to I-77 Speedway in Fairplain WV. It was a pretty good night of racing. There were 5 classes of racing: Dwarfs (Dwarves?), Mini Stocks, Street Stocks, AMRA Modifieds and Late Models.

The racing had a slow start. We we got there, they were in the middle of hotlaps and it was very dusty. They decided to wet down the track again. This was probably a good decision, but it took a while to get the track worked in. They finally got going with qualifying for the late models. They did 2 laps per car. Dale Brown in the 33b took the pole with a 14.30 or so. I'm going from memory. Maybe next time I'll take a notepad. After that was 1 lap a piece for the AMRA modifieds. I don't recall the pole winner. Then all 5 divisions had heat races. Then there was a short pause before the mains. We left before the ministock main, but saw the rest. Yeah, I know, I should have posted this last night when the results were fresher. Of course the website for the speedway (>I-77 Speedway is out of date. It seems almost all small time tracks have trouble keeping their website up to date.


In other Nuggie News, the my furnace is on the blink. Of course, it is 25 or so years old. I don't know whether it will be a simple fix or a replacement. Fortunately, it lasted the winter and it's springtime now. It's still a bit chilly in the mornings though.

1 comment:

Ethel said...

Small track sites are frequently out of date, aren't they? Oh well.

As for the furnace, at least, as you said, it's spring now. I love it to be really cold when I sleep, so I'd probably wait to fix it. Of course, there would be some weird cold snap that brought in -80 degree windchills or something.