Thursday, August 03, 2006

Time for Timer

I'm so hungry, I could eat a wagon. Err, no actually I just had leftovers for breakfast. It's actually time for the weekly review of Comic book day! I picked up 52 #13, Moon Knight #4 as part of my regular comics. Since I was having a light week, I picked up The Flash #'s 1 & 2. Then when I got home, I found my subscriptions had finally kicked in and Batman #655 had been mailed to me.

Moon Knight is a very dark, mature ongoing comic. It's one of only 2 Marvel Comics I pick up. I had a couple of Moon Knight comics when I was a kid, plus a guest appearance in Spiderman or two. But, this is a little different. It's a good different though, and this is a really good series.

The Flash is a relaunch of a popular DC super hero. This time around, we are following Bart Allen, who has ties to the previous 3 Flashes. There is commentary in these first 2 issues showing how he interacts with his predecessors. He's a reluctant hero, so there's a lot to be explored. I'm loooking forward to it.

Batman. What else needs to be said? My favorite comic book/animated character ever shines this month. I had waited since I started back to collecting to pick up Batman and Detective Comics, because they were in the middle of an ongoing arc and I missed the first few issues. I'll most likely pick up the trade. This was an excellent issue to restart. We begin with Batman fighting the Joker. Then, that all cleaned up, we find Bruce deciding to be more playboy, less Dark Knight. Then we find out that Batman's son (from a previous story called Son of the Demon) will play a role in this story arc. Throw in some Man-Bat goodness, and look like a fun ride.

Find out more about Moon Knight at Marvel and more about the rest at DC

No comments: