Monday, July 10, 2006

Catching up again.

Been busy with a work project and haven't had a lot of time. Anywho, where was I? Ah yes.
Got my eye dilated all nice and wide on Thursday. My optic nerve is misshapen, so I'm a candidate for glaucoma. Any time I get an eye exam, I need to have it looked closely at. You only get one pair of eyes, so, you've got to take care of them.
Friday, we took Juanita's aunt and uncle out for Chinese and then to the WV Power game. It was already planned, but the 4th of July fireworks had been rained out, so we got to enjoy that too. Reggy was there too. He was hilarious. As I think I mentioned before, there's a guy who goes to the Power games who is called the Toastman. He makes up signs and little chants for all the Power players (for example, one of our guys is Tony Festa, so he lead the chant of "Festa is the Best-a!") He gets his name because he toasts bread during the games and if an opposing player strikes out he chants at them "You are Toast, You are Toast, YOU ARE TOAST" and then slings the toast. At the end of the game the opposing team (Asheville), who had beaten the Power, looked back at the Toastman and his section and chanted "You are Toast" at the crowd. The crowd then clapped for them. It was all fun and good natured. A few of the opposing players walked over to shake hands with the Toastman after the game. Another good thing about this night was that we got free tickets to the game next Sunday. One of the guys in the office claimed he could kick a 35 yard field goal. He made the first, but had to go 2 out of three and missed the next 2.

Saturday was mowing and weedeating day, plus the Busch and Truck races on the tube. I also put in a closet door.

Sunday, we went fishing. We didn't catch much, but we got out of the house. Between Saturday and Sunday I've finally gotten caught up on the F1 races I had on DVR. I also squeezed in the CART race between the fishing and the Nextel Cup race. I was angered at first when Jeff spun Matt out, but it was just a racing deal, as they say.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

We didn't catch much? You mean I didn't catch much! I was officially skunked in the fish dept. BUT I did come away with the surprise catch of the day...a wee little turtle that I reeled in. Scared the beejesus outta me but stil...a prized catch.