Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More comic reviews

They say that for everyone who sends a letter, there's 200 people who don't with the same complaint. Since Danimal requested some comic review, then I must assume 200 people want comic reviews. I don't have a hit counter (note to self, get a hit counter), but I doubt I have 200 readers. So, I must assume everyone wants comic reviews. Who can argue with logic like that?

Anywho, this week, in addition to the weekly 52 series (#12) that I reviewed last time, I picked up Secret Six #2, Shadowpact #3 ,and Man-Bat #4, plus 3 others that I will review tomorrow.

Let's start with Secret Six I was supposed to get it a couple weeks back, but the box was damaged on the way to the comic shop. She reordered and they sent the wrong book. It came today. Waiting for me wasn't a big deal. The Secret Six is, put simply, a group of villains who have joined together, to try to do right and defeat other villains. It's a continuation of another mini-series called Villains United. I hadn't read that series, and I'm not familiar with the characters. (Deadshot and Catman showed up on Justice League Unlimited, though.) I actually wasn't planning on getting this one, but the week after the first issue came out, I had a light week, so I went ahead and got it. It's a six issue miniseries, so it's unfolding pretty quickly, with lots of action and violence. It's pretty interesting, especially since they aren't exactly heroes.

Shadowpact is the story of a group of magical heroes. This is an ongoing book. The first story arc involves the team fighting a magical group of villains called the Pentacle inside a giant bubble. I picked it up so I could start a series from issue 1. Magic is a little different from what I'm used to, but this is a pretty interesting book, too.

Man-Bat is a 5 issue mini series centering on one of Batman's more interesting foes. He was featured in the first broadcast episode of Batman: The Animated Series. It also brought back three characters I wasn't familiar with: Hush, Murmur and Black Mask. I'm looking forward to how this one wraps up.

Tune in tomorrow for more comic reviews.

1 comment:

Nuggie99 said...

Duly noted. You haven't steered me wrong yet. Well, except for the inexplicable hate for the SuperFriends.