Thursday, July 20, 2006

Comic book guy returns




Continuing from yesterday, I also got Justice League of America #0, Checkmate #4 and Ion #4.

Justice League of America is a preview/review of the popular team of superheroes, for which DC is relaunching an ongoing magazine. The writer for the start of the new series is Brad Meltzer, who wrote the wonderful Identity Crisis story arc. The 0 issue took a look at the past of the JLA through the eyes of the Big 3 (Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman), plus a few glimpses into the future. It was a really good issue, and it look like the series will be awesome.

Checkmate is the story of a covert counter intelligence group run by the UN. One of the members is Amanda Waller, who I really liked in the CADMUS arc on Justice League: Unlimited. It's got more of James Bond/Bourne Identity/The Unit feel to it, with a few superheroes to mix it up a little. I like that mix, and I'm really liking this book.

Ion is a look at what's become of former Green Lantern Kyle Rayner. He's accused of crimes that he doesn't remember, and the Green Lantern elders on Oa don't want to help him. It's a decent read. I like getting more familiar with the Green Lantern and Ex-GL groups.

I hope that's a good overview for the legions and legions of comic fans who come to my blog. I didn't want to spoil anything with to many details. Anyway, for more information on any of these comics, head to DC Comics

No comments: