Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekender Weport

So, Friday night it was stay up and watch the ARCA race. They had a GWC checker fest at the end and it took a while for Cale Gale to take his first ARCA race win, holding off Steve Wallace.

Saturday we went to Juanita's family reunion. It was a potluck dinner with a bunch of people I don't know, plus horseshoes, volleyball and singing. On the way back, we listened to the rain delayed Busch race. The local Charleston "NASCAR" station only does Cup races, so we had to deal with a static filled Huntington station until we got home to catch the end.

Saturday was also Blogathon 2006. Doing the family reunion thing, I was unable to participate or follow along live. I did, however, sponsor my friend Ethel's 24 hour posting experience. I think you can still sponsor her, if you would so wish. Details are over at her blog. (I'm pretty sure all of my loyal readers read her blog, but every little bit helps)

Sunday was rest from Saturday day. I got up and watched the F1 race on DVR. If you are a numbers guy (and I am), Michael Shumacher is just so impressive. Then we watched School of Rock and The Sound of Music. The former came from my NetFlix queue and the latter from Juanita's. While we were watching DVD's, the DVR was busy taping the Blade marathon and the IRL rain delay. I'd like thank ESPN and ABC for staying with the race to the end. I'd really like to but they bailed and showed it tape delay. If I had known I could have taped the Champ Car race and watched two Canadians throw down.

3 comments:

Juanita said...

I would just like it to be known that while I watched the Sound of Music, John was over there crying and saying "Can I go now?". Geesh, no appreciation for the classics.

Tiny said...

Man, when was the tape delay? I checked ESPN later, and only found Tennis or Sportscenter, the Deuce had drags on, so that's where I stayed.

Nuggie99 said...

I think they said it was on ESPN 2 at midnight, Tiny.

And I'm not the one rented a musical and then asked "Why is there so much singing?"